Short Hills Entrepreneur Visa Consultants

Professional and Capable Guidance

Entrepreneurs willing to make substantial commercial investments in the United States economy can potentially qualify for the E-2 treaty investor visa or EB-5 immigrant investor program. The E-2 treaty investor visa is technically a temporary visa but allows for unlimited extensions so long as its conditions continue to be met.

The EB-5 immigrant investor program issues green cards, which confer lawful permanent residency and can serve as a pathway to permanent citizenship. Your country of origin and the size of your investment will influence which entrepreneurial visas you may qualify for.

Our Short Hills entrepreneur visa consultants at Worldwide Legal Services can help you leverage your investment to access immigration benefits. Our team of professionals, consultants, and specialists has over 50 years of combined experience and has managed more than 10,000 cases.

We are extensively familiar with how United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) adjudicates investor visa applications and can utilize our knowledge to provide diligent and effective guidance.

Reach out to our Short Hills entrepreneur visa consultants today! Schedule a consultation to discuss applying for entrepreneur visas with our team by calling or contacting us online.

What Is an E-2 Treaty Investor Visa?

If you are not interested in permanently immigrating to the United States but wish to benefit from the country’s robust and multifaceted economy, the E-2 treaty investor visa may support your goals.

The E-2 treaty investor visa allows beneficiaries to live anywhere in the United States so long as they work to support their underlying investment. It also requires a substantially smaller investment than the EB-5 immigrant investor program.

How Long Do E-2 Treaty Investor Visas Last?

The visa can be renewed indefinitely in 2-year increments, effectively allowing recipients to remain in the United States as long as they like. Beneficiaries will need to continue to support their investment in order to qualify for renewals. An E-2 treaty investor visa cannot directly lead to a green card, however.

How Do You Qualify for an E-2 Treaty Investor Visas?

To qualify for the E-2 treaty investor visa, you must:

  • Be a national of a country that maintains an investment treaty with the United States. Fortunately, many countries qualify. We can determine whether your country is eligible.
  • Make a “substantial investment” in a U.S.-based commercial enterprise. You can choose to create a new business or invest in an existing one, but you will generally need to invest at least $100,000. You may be able to invest less in a start-up or smaller company.
  • Invest in a “real” operating enterprise that places your funds at risk. You cannot simply invest in real estate holdings or some other arrangement that does not actively conduct trade. The enterprise you invest in must actively and consistently exchange goods or services. The funds must also be “at risk,” meaning there must be the possibility you lose the entirety of your investment.
  • Travel to the United States with the intention of managing your investment. Your investment must result in your taking an executive or managerial role within the enterprise. You may still qualify if you assume a non-executive position requiring highly specialized skills. You will only be authorized to work at the enterprise you invested in and must continue to support it if you wish to renew your visa.

Applying for the E-2 treaty investor visa involves submitting extensive financial documentation. Our Short Hills entrepreneur visa consultants can review your situation to determine if you will qualify and assist in the preparation of your application materials.

Make the most of your investment with our help. Schedule a consultation to discuss applying for entrepreneur visas with our team by contacting us online or calling today.


What Is an EB-5 Immigrant Investor Green Card?

The EB-5 immigrant investor program can help you become a lawful permanent resident – and eventually, a permanent citizen – if you have sufficient funds to invest. USCIS issues up to 10,000 EB-5 green cards each year. Historically, there are more visas available than applications, resulting in little to no additional waits for many applicants.

To obtain an EB-5 immigrant investor green card, you will need to invest at least $900,000 in a U.S. commercial enterprise. This investment must create 10 domestic jobs or preserve 10 jobs in a designated distressed area. USCIS defines rural and distressed economic areas as “targeted employment areas” (TEAs). If you do not invest in a TEA, you will need to spend a minimum of $1,800,000.

Like with the E-2 treaty investor visa, entrepreneurs can choose to invest in an existing company or create a new commercial enterprise. The funds must be “at risk,” and applicants must prove they were sourced legitimately. Beneficiaries will need to take an active role in overseeing their investment.

How Long Do Eb-5 Green Cards Last?

EB-5 green cards are initially “conditional” and will expire 2 years after the date of issue. Recipients must apply to “remove conditions” in the 90-day window before their green card expires. To successfully remove conditions, entrepreneurs will need to demonstrate they took an active role in managing their investment and that the investment either created or preserved at least 10 American jobs. Once approved, entrepreneurs will receive a green card with a 10-year validity period.

Our Short Hills entrepreneur visa consultants at Worldwide Legal Services can guide you through each step of the EB-5 application process. We can assess your eligibility, review potential TEAs, and assist in selecting investment opportunities that meet all program requirements.

Contact us online or call to start exploring your investment options. Payment plans are available, and we offer our services in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.

Schedule an Appointment