Immigration Services

Immigration Services in Short Hills

Experienced and Dedicated Immigration Consultants

As immigration law continues to evolve in the United States, our accomplished staff provides high-quality, cutting-edge insights on navigating its processes and innumerable complexities. Our team of professionals, specialists, and consultantsat Worldwide Legal Services have handled more than 10,000 cases and have over 50 years of combined experience.

Our immigration services in Short Hills are designed to help make your American Dream a reality. We advise, counsel, and represent immigrants from all walks of life at every stage of the immigration process. We also represent clients in matters involving United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). No matter your situation, our team has the knowledge and resources to identify and implement solutions that can build and protect your future in the United States.

Our firm never gives up and is committed to fighting for your rights. Request a consultation by calling or contacting us online.

Our Immigration Practice Areas

Our firm offers a full suite of immigration services to individuals, families, and small businesses. We regularly work with immigrants who are already in the U.S. on temporary visas, immigrants who overstayed their visas, and immigrants who entered the U.S. without documentation.

Worldwide Legal Services offers its immigration services in Short Hills in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. 


World Class Immigration Services That We Offer

  • Adjustments of Status. When you are eligible for a green card and one is available to you, you will need to apply for an adjustment of status if you are currently in the United States on a valid or recently expired temporary visa. This process facilitates your becoming a lawful permanent resident. You must be careful to avoid breaking the 90-day rule when requesting an adjustment of status. We can assist you with the application process and help you avoid making common mistakes that can endanger your future in the country.
  • Asylum. You may qualify for removal relief if you have experienced past persecution or fear future persecution in your home country or previous country of residence on the basis of your race, nationality, religion, political opinions, or membership in a particular social group. Those granted asylum can apply for a green card after 1 year and eventually seek permanent citizenship. We can help build a strong case and help you affirmatively or defensively seek asylum.
  • Citizenship and Naturalization. Lawful permanent residents can naturalize and become permanent U.S. citizens once they have undergone a mandatory waiting period and met certain other requirements. We can determine your eligibility for citizenship and assist you with preparing your application materials. We can also help you prepare for the citizenship exam and work to overcome any obstacles that may arise throughout the process.
  • Court Representation. Our team represents clients in all court matters involving ICE, DHS, and USCIS. If you have been detained, we can work to facilitate a bond hearing and secure your release. If you are targeted for removal, we can explore numerous relief strategies.
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). The DACA program extends removal relief and other benefits to immigrants who entered the country without documentation as children. Understanding whether you qualify for DACA benefits can be confusing, but we can help determine your eligibility and assist with your application. We also remain abreast of DACA developments and changes.
  • Entrepreneur Visas. You can potentially obtain temporary and permanent visas if you are willing to invest a substantial amount of capital in a United States commercial enterprise. We can assist with determining your eligibility for the E-2 treaty investor visa as well as the EB-5 immigrant investor program. Our team can also assist with removing conditions from EB-5 green cards.
  • Family Immigration. United States citizens and lawful permanent residents can sponsor certain types of family members for green cards. Our team can help you sponsor your loved ones and navigate the complex immediate relative and family preference categories. We can also assist with removing conditions from marriage-based green cards.
  • Fiancé Visas. The K-1 visa can facilitate imminent marriages in the United States, allowing beneficiaries to remain with their U.S. citizen spouse in the country while they petition for a green card and eventually request an adjustment of status. Qualifying for the K-1 visa requires meeting a strict set of requirements. We can determine eligibility and help you obtain this visa.
  • Freedom of Information Act Requests. You can leverage The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to obtain your immigration file, a dossier that contains all background information that USCIS and other government agencies use to make decisions about your status and any requested benefits. This information can help you anticipate potential obstacles and understand what evidence the government has ahead of a court proceeding. Our team can help you efficiently request and analyze your immigration file.
  • Green Cards. Green cards confer lawful permanent residency and allow you to live and work practically anywhere in the United States. You will need a green card if you wish to eventually become a U.S. citizen. Most immigrants will obtain green cards through family immigration or employment immigration, but you can also obtain a green card through the Diversity Lottery, asylum status, U visas, T visas, the Violence Against Women Act, and other special exceptions. We can evaluate your situation and determine the most efficient and reliable means of securing your green card.
  • U Visas. Victims of serious crimes can obtain U visas, which allow beneficiaries to live and work almost anywhere in the U.S. if they are willing and able to meaningfully assist lawful enforcement officials. U visas can last for up to 4 years, and recipients can qualify for green cards after 3 years. We can negotiate with law enforcement on your behalf to secure the certifications you will need to obtain this visa.
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Victims of domestic abuse, elder abuse, and child abuse perpetrated by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident can qualify to self-petition for immigration benefits, including green cards. Abused spouses that divorce their partner can also typically self-petition to remove conditions from a green card if they can prove the marriage was entered in good faith. Our team can assist you with filing self-petitions and gathering the necessary evidence.

Schedule an Appointment